About the Malaria Consortium
Established in 2003, Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable populations. We have increasingly found our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with similar public health interventions for greater impact and have therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions. Our areas of expertise include:
- disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- disease control and elimination
- health systems strengthening
- research, monitoring and evaluation leading to best practice
- behaviour change communication
- national and international advocacy, and policy development
Improved tools for the measurement of respiratory rate
and oxygen saturation for diagnosis of pneumonia.
This project aims to identify the most accurate, acceptable, scalable and user-friendly
respiratory rate timers and pulse oximeters for diagnosis of pneumonia symptoms in
children by community health workers and first-level health facility workers in four
Below is the PDF of the project
Malaria Consortium website www.malariaconsortium.org
Both are well worth and look and supporting.