Remove all packaging before heating or freezing.
Instructions for cold application:
- Store in the freezer so gel pack is ready to use in case of injury, although can also be stored at room temperature. Approximately 60 minutes are required to freeze the gel pack.
- Wrap gel pack in the sleeve provided or cloth before applying to skin. Do not apply directly to skin.
Do not apply cold pack to skin for more than 20 minutes at a time and leave 20-30 minutes between applications. Removing the pack from the freezer for 5 minutes before use makes it more flexible and malleable.
Ideal to use cold for:
- Reducing swelling and inflammation
- Helping numb the pain around an injury
- Temporary relief of headache or toothache
- Sprained or pulled muscles and ligaments
- Backache or joint pain
- Reducing fevers
- Minor burns
Instructions for hot application:
DO NOT MICROWAVE
- Bring enough water to the boil to cover the gel pack
- Carefully pour the water into a heat proof container
- Immerse the gel pack in the water for 4-6 minutes
- Remove gel pack from the water. Check for tears or punctures then wipe off the water and insert in the sleeve provided or wrap in cloth before applying to skin
If heating the disc from frozen, use plenty of hot water and leave in the water for 8-12 minutes.
The gel packs retain heat for 15-20 minutes. When the pack needs reheating, repeat the process with boiling water.
Hot ideal to use for:
- Temporary relief of muscle aches and pains and muscle spasms
- Back pain
- Menstrual cramps
- Mild arthritis
- Sprains, strains and stiffness
Wipe with soapy water and a soft cloth then rinse well with warm water. Wipe all moisture from gel pack before putting it in the freezer. Do not tumble dry. Do not use bleach.
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight or in the freezer ready for use.
CAN ALSO BE USED IN COOL BOXES AND COOL BAGS FOR KEEPING FOODSTUFFS WARM OR COLD.
- Whether used hot or cold it is advisable to check the temperature is not too extreme against the skin
- Always wrap the gel pack in cloth or insert into a sleeve before applying to skin
- Best used for 48 hours after an injury. If discomfort continues consult a medical professional
- Do not microwave
- If the gel pack is damaged, torn or punctured do not use it
- Keep out of reach of children unless supervised